Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock G21's

Heavy Barrel

Somewhere I read a story about a G21 that the lower assembly had been modified in some manor so that the grip wasn't so big. (One thing I don't care for with my G21)

Which by doing so the end results was a 45 cal Glock that is easier to handle for people with smaller hands. With the loss of only one round from the magazine.

Would some one here have ideas as to which story I am refering to? If so do you know if this was just a "lab" gun I was reading about? Or is there intentions of putting this gun in to production? B)

The first thing that comes to mind is the 21SF. They reduced the circumference of the grip by reducing the size of the void in the backstrap. However magazine capacity is the same. Is there any chance you could be referring to the .45 GAP pistols? They are .45 with smaller grips and reduced capacity.

The G37 45 GAP is probably what you were reading about but it is sort of a red headed step-child because of the lack of ammo choices. The bullet weight is limited as well as ammo manufacturers. At a local Glock GSSF match I only remember 1 G37 shooter with over 120 shooters.