Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case cam

I'm not sure I've got the right part name but I'm talking about the cam the empty casing falls into and when you cycle it is pushed over by plastic wedge pushing up on it. It's the part you fit the differnt color bushings into based on the case. Well mine appears like it sits almost square to the past wege when it comes up and does not always want to slide back and drop a casing. It's enough resistance to stop the amr on the press. I've tried by hand and it goes back and forth freely unless you put upward pressure on it, then it sticks.

Never had the probelm before but looking at the two edges it is clear a bevel on each to start the cam moving back would be helpful.

Any suggestions, I've tore everything apart, cleaned and put it back to together, same issue.

Count the number of threads above the jam nut on the steel pin that goes down through the pivoting arm (for easy return to correct height)

then remove the jam nut and unscrew the steel pin. examine the pivoting arm for burrs, but I suspect the hole in the pivot arm that the steel

pin goes through needs greasing. We use synthetic axle grease, but any gun grease should do fine. :ph34r: