Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Midway Primer Tube Filler

Jeeper

I have wanted to buy a Dillon primer tube filler but didnt want to spend the $200+. I saw a handheld one in Midways catalog which was $59 so I decided to buy it. Damn it if the thing doesnt work great. :D It is so simple. Basically you put the primers into a flip tray like normal and flip them. Then the tray hooks into a little gun aparatus with the primer tube inserted into the bottom. You hold it at a slight angle and squeeze. It takes like 5-10 second to fill the tube. I really like it. You dont need the stupid tube attachments that they try and sell you either. Just use the Dillon tubes and take off the yellow piece. They work fine. It was definately worth the money. I have loaded about 1500 rounds today and it is really nice. I usually only buy Dillon but this was to cheap to pass up!

The total time between taking the primers out of the brick until they are in the press is about 30 seconds. It is really nice. You do have to learn how to tip it just right for good flow but that is real easy. I am rally impressed. I strongly recommend it to everyone that wants a filler but didnt want to spend the 200

Jeeper,

One thing to watch out for.

I find that the less angle you hold the tray at the better it feeds. Mine used to jam all the time til I pulled my head out from my backside and realized they were jamming because I had too much angle.

I have had a few primers upside down. I am not sure if it is the press or the primer filler. I box everything anyways so I catch them.

But you are right, the damn thing works great!

• 1 month later...

I love mine, too. And the best part is, I got it on sale for $39.99 several months back (I think the August flier I got from Midway had it on sale again). If you're looking for a cheap alternative to the Dillon filler, the Midway one is the bomb!

SAB