Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A different cellphone thread

My almost 2 year old Verizon GzOne type V died last week. We were really close to end

of contract, and I like Verizon (the coverage anyway), so we bumped it out another two years

and got new phones. I got the newest whiz-bang can't-kill-it GzOne Boulder. Has Bluetooth,

Micro SD, etc. What a disappointment. Audio quality SUCKS! I'm going to trade it for another

Boulder---maybe I just got a lemon but looking at the online reviews a lot of them have

crappy sound. I got a replacement Type V, so I can get it activated and at least have

a usable phone, but it doesn't have all the features I want.

SO----within the Verizon possibilities, what should I get? I do NOT need email, web access,

a qwerty keyboard, MP3, push to talk etc..

I do need Bluetooth, micro SD, a decent camera, a LOUD ringer, and good clear loud

audio. The kind where you can here the phone ring and carry on a conversation with gunfire

or running equipment close by. I'm partial to folders, and it needs to be TOUGH---I'm

hard on phones.

Probably end up with a LG as that seems to be the majority of the Verizon offerings, but which one?

Bill

Edited by open17

I have the Motorla razor Maxx. They might still have it is stock. The ringer is loud and the phone is rugged. I think the best phone I have had in a long time. With the ringer on low it will scare the tar out of you when it rings. On loud I can hear it over my Harley on the freeway at 70mph.

my $.02

I have the Casio as well and have found it to be tough, but a poor phone and poor camera. When I buy a nice phone I kill them, and when I buy a cheap phone, I can't kill them, but suffer through cheap phone blues.

Subscribing to THIS thread!

Looks like another possible candidate is the Motorola V750 "Adventure". Not waterproof,

but meets most of the other milspec of the GzOne. If Casio would have just taken the

GzOne Type V and added bluetooth and micro SD, they would have had a good phone.

But no----they had to make it smaller, cheaper and junk. Might look good, but the

performance sucks.