Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPS Incompetitence

shopgun

Postmaster - I never said the USPS job was easy. Despite the relatively common delays like 11 day "2 day" packages, I have never had them lose anything.

My only real disagreement with the USPS is their assertion that their current 1/25, 1/16 and 1/12 rates of failure to provide the targeted level of service is good. The goal should be able to measure the service in nines (3 nines = .999, etc.). At present, nothing event meets the "two nines" criteria.

Perhaps you can tell us - do you consider 1/25 missed deadlines on overnight mail a good level of service? Do you think this compares favorably with the on-time overnight record of Fedex, UPS and DHL overnight packages?

On the plus side, the USPS is one government agency where all the employees seem to be working pretty hard. (And don't try to tell me it's private without explaining how a private company can print their own license plates, authorize selected employees to carry on commercial aircraft and have people prosecuted for offering a service that competes with the core offering).