Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Owensboro, KY multigun match

• 4 weeks later...
Man you guys missed a good one. Great job Gary and the gang that set it up. :cheers: I thought that it was better than the State match. Hey Viking 501 I have your tape gun. I always wanted one of those.

Chris C.

Chris,

I shot on your squad and had a blast...I agree it was a top notch match. I am already looking forward to the next one. :cheers:

Steve Rose

Man you guys missed a good one. Great job Gary and the gang that set it up. :cheers: I thought that it was better than the State match. Hey Viking 501 I have your tape gun. I always wanted one of those.

Chris C.

Chris,

I shot on your squad and had a blast...I agree it was a top notch match. I am already looking forward to the next one. :cheers:

Steve Rose

You'll have to wait until 09. :angry2: Man that sucks. We had a good squad. I'll have to fix my shotgun tonight when I get home. It was hell trying to cramp the last 4 in. Good shooting with you.

Chris C.

Very nice match. Good challenging shots for the whole match. The only thing I really didn't like was the time plus scoring system. Like the regular scoring system much better. With the disapearing targets that arn't really disappearing targets now hold a much bigger portion of the score especially when there are 4 of them on some stages and 10 seconds each one you miss.

Very nice match. Good challenging shots for the whole match. The only thing I really didn't like was the time plus scoring system. Like the regular scoring system much better. With the disapearing targets that arn't really disappearing targets now hold a much bigger portion of the score especially when there are 4 of them on some stages and 10 seconds each one you miss.

I had two of those penalties myself thru out the match. We wanted to try it out so the rest of the folks can see how the International rules work. You'll see some more of it next year. If you have trouble hitting them then I would practice it until you can. Albeit one of our drop turner clays is around a second of shooting time, there is still enough time. Good to see you there.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

Didn't have trouble with the disapearing targets here being a skeet/sporting clays shooter and managed to get all mine (the one in the sun was kind of tricky). Just seems if there are many of them in a stage they will have a large impact on the scores

Well everyone had to shoot the same stage with the same +10 seconds for the miss. You have to remember that every stage is worth 100 points not total time at the end of the match. And you're right if you miss, it will have a big impact on the match. No different than someone not getting 5 or 10 bonus points. This might be a good discussion on another thread but I'm sure it's been beat to death already.

Chris C.