Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot Show 2009 Question

I don't think I'll go to this one, but have been to the last four straight. I didn't really like the Orlando show as much as Las Vegas.

Make a list of your must see booths and find the numbers in your guide and try to have a certain number of your selected booth's to visit each day. A map of the show will be provided with a book listing the booths and their number. You may have many booths that interest you, but it will be hard to see them all in the four day show. You will run across many other things that will catch your attention, too. It will be very hard to see everything. One of the brochures said to see everything in the four day show that you could only stay seventy-four seconds at a booth. There were 13 miles of isles and 26 miles if you walked up an isle and back down the other side.

Get a cart that will hold a bunch of stuff (give-a-ways and information). You'll need something that you can pull or push. The carts with a plastic box are great, but the ones with a back pack work well, too.

Good walking shoes!!!!!! Don't go early and stay late, it will kill you.

Food is expensive (drink and a burger $12 or $14). Some brought their own sandwiches and bought drinks.

If you have any more questions...pm me with your telephone number and I'll call you and maybe give you more details.

Have fun.

Buddy

I don't think I'll go to this one, but have been to the last four straight. I didn't really like the Orlando show as much as Las Vegas.

Make a list of your must see booths and find the numbers in your guide and try to have a certain number of your selected booth's to visit each day. A map of the show will be provided with a book listing the booths and their number. You may have many booths that interest you, but it will be hard to see them all in the four day show. You will run across many other things that will catch your attention, too. It will be very hard to see everything. One of the brochures said to see everything in the four day show that you could only stay seventy-four seconds at a booth. There were 13 miles of isles and 26 miles if you walked up an isle and back down the other side.

Get a cart that will hold a bunch of stuff (give-a-ways and information). You'll need something that you can pull or push. The carts with a plastic box are great, but the ones with a back pack work well, too.

Good walking shoes!!!!!! Don't go early and stay late, it will kill you.

Food is expensive (drink and a burger $12 or $14). Some brought their own sandwiches and bought drinks.

If you have any more questions...pm me with your telephone number and I'll call you and maybe give you more details.

Have fun.

Buddy

Agree with the comments above.

The L.E./Military section alone would take you 2 days to go through.

My buddy walked by at a normal walking pace and did not stop unless something caught his eye an it took him a day and a half to cover just the L.E. section at the SHOT Show in Vegas.

Visit the American Snipers booth in the L.E. section and drop a couple dollars in the jar for the troops.

Bring the rolling cart thing otherwise you'd better have strong arms for all the stuff they give away and pamphlets you'll pick up.

Best deals on stuff are on the last day of the show when the vendors have to pack everything up. You can get some real deals on items then.

Have fun 'cos its firearms mecca!

JK

I agree with the above posters. Absolutely find the most comfortable pair of shoes you can, because, guaranteed, you will want them. Think about your weight + 50 lbs if you plan on carrying anything. Add that over about 1750 steps per mile, then 10 miles, and you're getting close to one day. Bring a cart, a radio flyer wagon, or enough children to carry it all. When I was there last, there was a booth "testing" foot massagers. Find them and make friends. :)

Oh, and stop by the Detonics booth, I'd be happy to have some BE.com company.

Kevin