Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practicing A Stage

Stratochief

I hate it when I'm at an area match and someone 5 shooters down on the list is going through the stage between shooters when I'm up, taking up MY time to practice the stage. Case in point.....Area 4 this year, I lost track of when I was up (which is rare) I saw someone practicing the stage for about 2 minutes and I thought it was his turn. Well it was actually my turn, the RO was ready for someone to load and make ready and unfortunately it was me.

chief, comes down to range etiquette...some folks have it some do not. The shooter down in the squad that does that just needs a little "excuse me I'm next" comment. Of cousre, soem do it just to mess with your ehad!

Biggest offenders i find are the squads with a GM or M and a few A's who come up behind another (currently shooting squad) and start to walk the stage with them while targets are being pasetd/scored.

Unfortunately, these same folks demand the type of behavior at their range that they do not give at others...go figure.

LOL! I remember making a comment to a stage RO last year about them doing that. he went over and asked tehm to leave the satge until their squad was up to shoot. I remember the look on my fellow shooters faces that i woudl "dare" bitch about a GM walking the stage.

I must say that I had a bit of apprehension after that as one of them was RO'ing a major match I was at, and I thought they might try to pay me back with the imaginary infraction DQ...not that that ever happens to anyone!! :mellow:

I know how you feel. There is a simple solution to this. When it is your turn let the other shooters know. I as an RO have asked the next squad to leave the bay until the current squad is done shooting. GM, M, I don't care if it is interfering with me running a stage. I have know problem telling shooters to wait their turn, even shooters in the same squad. If you are several shooters down, don't keep practicing your run. If you are not "on deck" or up to shoot, you should be helping tape and set steel.

Me too :angry:

a 2 min walkthrough should be enough but yes the big dogs have a habbit of showing complete disreguard for their fellow shooters both during the walkthrough and when someone else is up and you better be outa their way when they are up

Then its

'Hurry up!" <_< Goooozfrabba :huh:

End of vent-rant,Thanks :D

Yeah a little range ettiquette goes along way. I honestly don't need 5 minutes to "practice" my run, but the most important time is right before you shoot (as they are taping the shooter before you) last thing I want to be worried about before my run is getting in someones way who is 5 shooters down. Most people respect that fact, but not all.