Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Factory Barrels And Powders?

azjeeper

I wanted to find out what powders people are loading with that are shooting glocks with factory barrels. I am currently loading with power pistol and have had excellent results in the stock barrel with little or no case bulge. Granted I am loading 7-10% below max. I am going to give titegroup a try based on the advise of a friend of mine and I just wanted to get input from all of you about what your expieriences are with different powders and glock barrels and the inherent difference in a glock barrel vs. others.

Paul

i've used power pistol and you can use it just fine. i like powders in the middle of the burn chart that fill the case at least half way so if you give it a double charge it fills the case clear to the top so you cann't get a bullet on it. i've used 3n37, n340, unique, green dot(an overlooked powder just dirty), accurate No. 5 and No.7. right now i'm useing universal clays 4.7 grains with a star 180 fmj. does 945 fps. it's clean fills the case and shoots soft. i think it's a winner.