Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recieved my new Bar-Sto 40 S&W

Renron

Paid my dues, waited my 10 days, shipped it back to Irv. , waited 3 more weeks for custom work........Worth the wait? Oh Yeah!

I shot a few rounds prior to the "Postal" match on Sunday, and sorta half-assed sighted it in......Yeah, I should have taken my time from a bench rest, but, you know how a new gun is to shoot. You just want to GO!!!

I shot THE best I have ever shot, tied for 10th most accurate out of 94 shooters.....LOL......there were 2 masters at the match and I Fubared one stage by not counting how many rounds I had left in the mag. prior to the "Make Ready" command. That won't happen again....

Thought I'd share a few photos for your enjoyment. I know I like pictures of others blasters

Great Gun...

Ron

post-14429-1215818413.jpg

post-14429-1215818425.jpg

post-14429-1215818462.jpg

Thanks for the kind words ....Y'all,

Once the smoke clears out of central Ca. enough to see a target at 15 yards, I'm gunna shoot 'smore handloads through it.

I'm shooting VV N320 4.4gr . 180gr. Montana Gold, OAL 1.80 +/_ .05 . VERY soft load and clean as a Baby's behind......em, well cleaner than that, but, just as soft.

I am learning to watch the fron sight rise off target and then drop back just in time for a second shot. :cheers: Us old guys can be taught. Lernt' it all right here. :cheers:

Thanks,

Ron

I don't remember where I saw this or who(m) said it first, but it wasn't me.....I'll give credit to whomever claims it.

"My greatest worry is after I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them". :roflol:

:rolleyes:

Already have! LOL , I had;

the dustcover cut (to make it IDPA legal)

Front sight changed to FO (for my older eyes)

milled the mag. funnel to <1 5/8" (again IDPA)

Bead blasted all the hard anodizing off the mag. funnel and polished it with #600 wet/dry sandpaper to match slide finish

Bought a new home for it on my side, Blade Tech belt holster....NOT the DOH.......

I plan on shooting it a lot to smooth out the "stiffness" of being new.

Hand loads VV-n320 4.4gr. MG 180gr., When my order comes up I'll buy a case of Precision 185s. Again with N-320

Ron