Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Titegroup And 155 Gr Lead Round Sw

joshua

Probably real close.

I've played with 5.5g Titegroup,165g and 155g fmjhp ,1.225 C.O.L

Chronoed out of a 5"STI w/schuman barrel with very close readings and the 155s felt even softer

165g avg F.P.S 1100 and 155g avg F.P.S 1050

You need to chrono to be sure.I'm sure you have heard the horror stories about shooting minor at a major match :(

165s were montana gold i got from Frank Garcia who liked the hp for the rounder profile of the nose to aid feeding

155s were ? gunshow 500 lot but they looked like hornandy

I have heardsome shooters go even lighter and i have heard 155g is optimum.

But then again i like Blondes and other guys like mohawks :lol:

I just started shooting my limited gun. I'm actually shooting an unramped barrel in my Para. As long as I stay away from the 35k psi then I think I'll be ok to play. I will try 5 grains of Titegroup since I'm shooting lead and that for sure will make major, the barrel had been clocking fast for any load given from the book. I am experimenting at the same time with 180 grainers too, I'll post once I chrono and give a verdict on what is good for me-I tend to like soft shooting loads instead of the harsh blast and snappy slide. Might take me a while to post it though. Josh

I am experimenting at the same time with 180 grainers too, I'll post once I chrono and give a verdict on what is good for me-I tend to like soft shooting loads instead of the harsh blast and snappy slide.

180's "feel softer" with TG at Major.

I take it we mean 40S&W loads.

170gr Lead and 4.8gr of TG = 1030fps in 4" when loaded at 1.150" if you load longer (1.250") I think you lose about 80fps?

155gr SWC loaded to 1.150" ( because it seats in the case better), 5.5gr TG and this works out to 1120fps in a 5" pistol = 173pf. Start at 5.0grains even and work up.

Hodgdon list only JHP with TG in 155grainers.

I got chronoed today at a Limited/production match today and my load, 4.9 grains of TG with 155 hardcast round nose semi wadcutter loaded to 1.150 oal had an average of 1104 fps. 4.7 grains of TG would have been really close and I like a cushion just to be safe when the chrono is on. The load makes the gun just a tad sharp on recoil but the front sight with fiber optic is very trackable. I kind of want to experiment with 200 grainer, but my gun doesn't like any bullets with flat point. Where can I get 40 cal 200 grain round nose semi wadcutter? Josh