Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Critique

JThompson

This is the first video from down range looking back at me. The video flashes the COF first and then to me shooting it. The time was just over 4 secs down 1. I see several things that I need to work on from this little clip, but before I say what I see I would like you guys to tell me what you see. Comments on the size of my gut are welcome as long as you put in some kind of positive info along with it. :P

There's no need to walk on eggs, I have think skin.

Thanks,

JT

http://69.129.205.50/miranda/vids/1.mpg

Edited by JThompson

Thanks Ben... that is one thing I have to stay on top of. I tend to get lazy with it. Here's another taken right after when I was going for some better speed. Sorry about the crap in front of it, but if I trim it I lose video. The weak hand is moving better. This was a 1.10 A/C from around 40ft I didn't know I was dropping my head and moving over either. :o

Video

Edited by JThompson

The thing that stood out the most to me is the width of your stance. Maybe is just the angle of the camera but your feet look wider than your shoulders. Thats fine for a stand and shoot but it will slow you down when you go move on a field course with your feet so far apart.

Nice quick hands though, look pretty darn good.

Flyin

The thing that stood out the most to me is the width of your stance. Maybe is just the angle of the camera but your feet look wider than your shoulders. Thats fine for a stand and shoot but it will slow you down when you go move on a field course with your feet so far apart.

Nice quick hands though, look pretty darn good.

Flyin

It's not the camera angle... my feet are pretty wide there. I don't know if I do that when I need to move or not. I will have a gander next time I do some vids while moving.

Thanks for the input.

JT

I somewhat disagree. My feet are fairly wide (sometimes in excess of 1.5 shoulder lengths) and I don't feel it hurts my acceleration. Probably differs from person to person though.

Probably differs from person to person though.

Differs person to person but you don't really want them any more than shoulder width apart as a good rule to start from. You can adjust somewhat. I like mine just a tad bit wider than shoulder width. If you want them any further you have to have the leg strength not to lose anything.

Flyin

I don't know, I was impressed! I would continue to watch Robbie Leatham and Mike Seeklander for pointers on the draw and the stance. Back in the day when we walked up hill both ways to school, I was averaging 1.56 draws at 7 yards. I know it seems incredible, but I was practicing at least once a week.

Your friendly plumber,

Boo