Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A beautiful day and a .22 pistol

Revopop

So it's been probably 3 years since I last shot a .22, and I'd forgotten just how much FUN it is! My girlfriend has a Ruger 22/45 with an Optima sight on it that her dad gave her, and it's always been a jammamatic because it's been filthy ever since he gave it to her. After the battery died on the sight, I didn't even look at that gun for a few years. A few weeks ago I discovered the joys of Breakfree CLP, and I took her .22 out and blasted the hell out of it and finally really cleaned the darn thing. I was feeling industrious so I replaced the battery on the Optima too.

I went to the range today to sight in my new AR sights, and threw the Ruger in the bag at the last minute, figured I might as well sight that in too. Well, it was a beautiful sunny day, and the range had a brand new plate rack set up at about 15 yards, and I just couldn't put that little .22 down.

I ended up spending an extra hour at the range just plugging plates, pulling the rope, and pluggin' 'em some more. I think I'm going to start shooting the weekly steel match with it too, it's just so darn fun! :cheers:

Due to ever rising ammo/reloading costs, I got a used Buckmark a few months back and I've been shooting steel matches with it. It's a blast! ~$12 for 500 round boxes of Federal at Wally world and no brass scavenging in the summer heat! :D