Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Pearce "Grip Enhancer"

Graham Smith

A friend wanted to use these as a solution to an expensive repair. His grip frame looks akin to Micah's grip frame from last year from too many dry fire reloads. On the rare occasion that he would go to slide lock......he could actually over insert the magazine since the lower lip was ate away and create a time robbing malfunction. He found these basepads to be a solution to his problem and a less expensive repair to replacing the frame.

But he'd be willing to risk being moved to open for having a modified (worn) frame? That seems penny wise and pound foolish....

Maybe so......hes definitely tight.........but his thoughts are that 2 guys on our squad last year got away with stippled and undercut M&P's without going to open so he assumes nobody will notice or care for that matter based on last years experience.

Man, that's taking a chance, especially if there are unloaded table starts.....

And it's not like the worn out gun is useless --- it could sell, it could be turned into a housegun --- which would mean that its upper would be available as a backup to a match gun, it could be fitted with a magwell for a minor limited blaster, serve as the base for an open gun.....

Options, options.....

Man, that's taking a chance, especially if there are unloaded table starts.....

And it's not like the worn out gun is useless --- it could sell, it could be turned into a housegun --- which would mean that its upper would be available as a backup to a match gun, it could be fitted with a magwell for a minor limited blaster, serve as the base for an open gun.....

Options, options.....

Yeah.....I keep trying to get him to replace it and think he will before Nats now that those basepads are not legal. He's really fond of his blaster because it has somewhere between 110-120k rounds through it. I keep telling him you can't ever have too many Glocks :rolleyes:

I've never damaged one of mine like that. Weird. I used to practice and shoot a lot too. :) Probably worth investing in one of those fake blue mags for reload practice.

Might be good to call Glock to see if they'd replace the frame. Even if they charge for it, it's way cheaper than buying a new gun.

The on-line ruling system is intended to provide THE formal process for issuing, and archiving, rulings that may be considered an official statement of USPSA. John Amidon offers opinions and answers questions from time to time, but if it's an important issue that could result in an issue (such as this basepad question), the appropriate mechanism is a formally issued ruling that becomes part of the record available to all match officials.