Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 650XL w/case feeder on it's way.

My future son-in-law created a Power Point Show to surprise me with a new Dillon 650xl w/case feeder. We were sitting on the deck and both of us had our computers. I was browsing the threads on this board (like I do a lot) and he asked me if I had seen the new cool new Dillon presentation. I asked him which one he was talking about and he turned his computer to me and a Power Point Presentation was on his screen. The first screen of the presentation read:

Dillon Precision Products, Inc

Reloading Machines

The second screen talked about the features. The third screen showed a picture of the 650xl with some features specific to the 650xl. Then the fourth screen showed the optional case feeded. So I am thinking to myself...ok I have seen pretty much all of this dozens of times only in a little different format. So I click to the next screen and this is how it read:

Dillon Advantage

Tired of your single stage reloader?

Sick of working an hour for 60 rounds?

Using a friend’s loaner equipment?

Ready to start spending more time shooting and less time reloading?

Dillon’s XL 650 could be your answer!

Hmmm...Ok...this hits home pretty well for me. My best friend had loaned me enough reloading equipment to get me started about 2 months ago. And since I put this range up in my backyard I am shooting a lot more and spending a ton of time reloading.

So the fifth screen read:

Because of people like…. (then below the text was a picture of my wife, both daughters, one son-in-law and one future son in law)

Now I going holly crap...did they get me a Dillion 650....????

And sure enough the sixth screen reads:

You can get out of the basement and do a little more of this…..(below is a picture of me shooting).WHOOWHOOO....

Then the seventh screen reads:

Happy Father’s Day!

Your brand new Dillon XL650 is in the mail!

Just thought this was so cool and wanted to share it with you guys....:)))

It should be here on Tuesday or Wednesday so I am going to take a vacation once it is here to get it set up. I downloaded the manuals and have been reading the Dillion forum on here for the last 5 weeks or so. I think I know what I need to do and know I can always get info on this board or from Dillon.

BTW it was ordered setup for 9mm and the die set from Dillon is coming with it.

Happy fathers day to everyone.

Bob

BTW once I figure out where to put the PPS so that I can link to it from here I will post the link.

Boba,

I had a similar experience this past Christmas. Totally unbeknown to me my wife called Brian Enos and with his help, ordered a RL550B with all the trimmings (and in the right caliber). WOW! Was I surprised! Like the man said - Boy! We sure did marry up didn't we!

:cheers:

Happy fathers day.

Regards,

Ken

• 4 months later...