Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Witness match 45acp

oldtimer

Just purchased a new witness match in 45acp and it appears to be super accurate had a couple questions and I hope someone on the forum can help. I want to purchase a fiber optic sight, the model I have uses a set screw and the front sight slides forward to remove, I see a red insert at Hennings and also on EAA website however the EAA sight appears not to fit the match model. Is any Fiber optic sights available in green for this model.?

Also the safety appears to be plastic am I correct on this or is it a super light aluminum.

I shoot a Match 40S&W, so I can help out a little with your question. Most people seem to shoot Limiteds.

Order the sight from Henning, it works just fine. If you want to replace the optic you can, all it takes is a pair of nail clippers and a lighter. You will of course need to find green a fiber optic rod.

I only know one place to get them. There is a dealer on here, CPWSA, that carries them, just so happens he is a local guy and the guy I bought my Match from. Here is a link to them:

http://www.cpwsa.com/dawson_precision.htm

Chris is one heck of a good guy to deal with and one heck of a shooter. It says they are 6 bucks plus 2 for shipping.

The safety does feel like plastic, and I am really sure that it is. If you feel like it go for the ambi safety from Henning. he is out of stock now but should have more soon. I ordered one for the week hand shots.

Good Luck

I have a Match in .45. Before it arrived I ordered the fiber optic sight from Henning. The set screw is just that, a set screw. It does not free the sight to move out of the slide. I had to use a drift to remove the sight.

It took a little fitting to get the fiber optic sight installed. I used a plastic drift and got metal shavings off the sight. I knocked it out and took a file to it until I wasn't getting shavings anymore, but the plastic drift would not quite seat the sight the last 32nd of an inch or so. One whack with a brass drift and it went into place with no marring of the slide or sight.

Fiber optic rods are available through a number of sources. Dawson is a good supplier to deal with. There are several different sizes of rods and I'm not sure which size the sight requires. I like red and mine is still nice and bright.

Right before he left for Europe, Henning said he is about to introduce his own fiber optic sight. When I bought the one for my match he told me I might be interested in the new one. If it is a significant upgrade it may be worth holding off until he returns and has more to say on the subject.

The safety does feel like it is made out of plastic, but, as was already posted, Henning has metal ambi safeties and also has the Gold Custom in a single-sided version.

The Match is my third Tanfoglio and I have to say I haven't been disappointed in any way by any of them. The RO at our local range gets a little irritated by them. Every time I bring one out he has to replace the target backing because I leave a big hole in the middle.

Thanks for all the info very helpful, I may wait on optic sights until the newer, smaller version arrives, while I shoot OK with

it now my old eyes need something bright to pickup in certain conditions. The plastic safety is OK with me I thought perhaps

it may be a weak point down the road.

I was thinking of adding a set of hogue rubber grips(CZ75B) while I like the looks of wood I prefer rubber in shooting. I tend to shoot a new pistol several hundred rounds before making any changes the match I can see will be one of my favorites along with my Springfield Loaded 1911 with a match barrel it appears they are similar in accuracy.

As another "Old Timer" (turned 73 today :cheers: ) I too like the fiber optic sights. You can get the green fiber rods from Brownells. That's what I did. Green has a higher visability factor, that is why more and more safty vests are green vice red/orange.

Just purchased a new witness match in 45acp and it appears to be super accurate had a couple questions and I hope someone on the forum can help. I want to purchase a fiber optic sight, the model I have uses a set screw and the front sight slides forward to remove, I see a red insert at Hennings and also on EAA website however the EAA sight appears not to fit the match model. Is any Fiber optic sights available in green for this model.?