Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My new shotgun!

Wakal

Since I'm too old and weak to run my usual 3-Gun shotgun, I have been pondering a new (modern) piece of equipment to replace the 12-pound boat anchor that I have been using.

Since Front Sight decided I was using a Saiga at last year's 3G Nationals ( :ph34r: ), I decided to go with that platform. Starting with a stripped receiver, doing all the internal work to clean up the fine ( <_< ) Russian machine work, then putting the resulting mess back together (with a nice gray Duracoat) in proper sporting configuration. Side folding stock (just because), Polychoke, C-more...the only thing missing is an extended magazine release.

Shown over a pile of spare parts disguised as an "as-imported" Saiga:

Saiga_convertexample.jpg

By itself:

Saiga1_IPSC_1.jpg

And with a 20-round drum, in case I shoot a matches that don't honor the memory of BJ Bill and Janet Reno ;)

Saiga1_IPSC_1_drum.jpg

Now that the easy part is done, the hard part starts...I have to shoot a few flats of shells every month from now until Louisiana so I don't embarass myself (again) at this year's 3GNat's :D

I like my new toy :D

Alex

Your new Toy looks real cool!

We have some local 3 Gun Matches in Copperas Cove TX, if you want to try it in Competition?

Ok I would like to see how it works as well.

Very interesting.

Jim M ammo

I've been shooting a mag-fed gun in competition for years, just not a Saiga :)

This one is about four pounds lighter than my old pattern gun, but the reloads are a bit slower. Once the magwell project is complete, though, that should even out :cheers:

Alex