Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Team Shoots

Bubber

Got a long story to tell. In the olden days at all the matches after the main shooting was done and before the results were posted there would be a team shoot. Usually three shooters shooting some sort of a stage. My Friend, Ralph, and I drove all the way to the Cactus League match some where near Wickenburg or Lake Pleasant. We had shot with a fellar named Brian Enos at the Gravel pit a few weeks before. It was a long drive, Brian had rode with Mike Henry. After the match, Mike was corralled by Rondy Neil and a fellar named Robbie something or another to shoot on their team, leaving Brian with no team. Ralph asked Brian if he mind shooting with us. I think he was eager to compete. I was shooting a Model 59 S&W, it was called the “Brick” because that is what it felt like in your hands. Ralph may have been shooting the Browning Hi Power. These two pistols were double rows before they became popular. The stage was a simple one. There were three targets and three shooters, on the signal you had a par time to make as many hits on the targets as possible. After the dust had settled Brian seemed pleased about the performance. I can’t remember which one of us took the trophy home but Brian was happy for the win. I may have misremembered it a little as it was a while ago I wonder if Brian remembers or if I just made up the story. :cheers: