Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Photo Radar

Jeeper

This is probably a dumb question;

My small company has as many as 20 trucks on the road on some days. While MOST are assigned to a particular crew and GENERALLY one person drives the truck, if a speeding ticket were to be issued, how would they assign the violation? My company does not currently have a driver's license:)

Our policy is to pay vehicle related fines, that is failed or over due inspections, and the like, but speeding, parking, etc., are the responsibility of the driver. EzPass can be a problem as I am sure everyone has occasionally been caught in non-EzPass lane. We pay them and ask the driver to pay.

So to recap, Who gets the redlight or speeding ticket in a company owned vehicle? and more importantly, who gets the surcharges and points????

Jim

Jim,

Laws very by state so you may want to check with a lawyer familiar with NJ laws but in CA, as I had it explained to me, the registered owner is not required to name the driver, only prove "it's not me".

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont waste your money on that radar detector.

Most jurisdictions are switching over to laser and also by the time your detector tells you it detects something you're already "painted".

If your that concerned about tickets then drive slower.

JK

Photo radar systems most certainly do not use laser. I have only been painted by laser once by an actual LEO in ~3 years with it.

Congrats on winning the case jeeper - hope you get your fee's reimbursed.