Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problem

glock-cop

I have a para 38 super open gun. It has started to not eject the second round fired. it will pull the empty shell approx. 1/4 the way out and stop. I then have to pry the shell out. the gun is used and i have replaced the extractor. any ideas and thanks for any input.

Ed

I have a para 38 super open gun. It has started to not eject the second round fired. it will pull the empty shell approx. 1/4 the way out and stop. I then have to pry the shell out. the gun is used and i have replaced the extractor. any ideas and thanks for any input.

Ed

Is the extractor still hooked onto the rim or has it pulled off and the slide continued back?

Dumb question, but have you cleaned the chamber really well lately?

Is this ammo that worked well previously? How do the cases and primers look? Super high pressure could cause sticky extraction.

I'd take the gun apart, clean the chamber, clean the extractor tunnel and check the extractor tension before I'd do anything else. If that didn't fix it I'd throw an AFTEC in it and see what happens. R,

The ammo has worked before. What would the magazine lips have to do with it. The 1st round fires and ejects, the 2nd round goes into the battery, fires and only comes out part way. I've changed the extractor and tried different magazines and it still happens. I've given it a quick cleaning. I'll take it apart and do a better one. I've also bought a new recoil spring and will try that. Please keep any ideas coming.

Edited by glock-cop

How many times has the brass been fired and reloaded? Are you using super comp brass or standard? Is it only happening with a fully loaded mag?

I would try to just load about 6 rounds in the mag and see if it still happens.

I know you said you changed the extractor but this really sounds like a weak extractor. If you are using new or once fired brass in a fully cleaned gun and this still happens, I would try replacing the extractor again with an Aftec A.C.E. Extractor.