Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help

SARMAN119

I am trying to get into some competitve shooting. I want to do it for many reasosn practice of courseis the main one. I also want to be able to talk to other shooters to help gain support for a group i am in called Students for Concealed Carry on Campus. I need help with selecting what type of competitve shooting to get involved in. I am interested in defense style shooting if that helps.

andyb on this forum is a student at Oregon State University and recently started a shooting team from the University. We have several OSU students that compete at our monthly USPSA matches in Albany, OR. They even recently ran a benefit match to buy gear for the new shooters. The two biggest organizations you should look at are USPSA and IDPA. Both offer action pistol style shooting. IDPA is specifically geared to concealed carry and would fit right in. There are no clubs that shoot IDPA around so I haven't shot a match in awhile. USPSA has Production and Single Stack Division which seem to be very popular with the concealed carry crowd in my area. USPSA also now has Steel Challenge shooting. While this isn't geared towards concealed carry it is a great way to get new shooters involved in competetive shooting. For students newer to the group you may want to see if NSSF is offering the First Shots program anywhere in your area. First Shots is designed to introduce new shooters to guns in a friendly, safe and enjoyable way.