Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arbitration

John Heiter

I was also part of the squad where this happened. This wasn't the only ruling that was outside of the "normal" rules. On another stage, the RM had declared earlier that the plywood walls with ports in them were now SOFTCOVER!! It was told to us that some GM had complained about not getting his hits when they in fact had passed through one of the walls. The stage RO's were overruled by the RM and the stage was run by that ruling for the remainder of the match (Area 4). We then had a few shooters take advantage of the situation where it was not any advantage to shoot through the wall instead of the port.

Has anyone ever heard of such a rulilng?? In all my time of shooting IPSC matches, everyone knew that walls were hardcover that extended from Heaven to Hell.

Tom

hardcover does not change to softcover at the whim of the RM. that's crap! :angry: the RM should know the rules and enforce them accordingly.

as i remember from last year's Area 4 the RM made a bad call on a certain GM DQ. i wonder if this is the same RM?

lynn jones