Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10mm load data for .401 lead bullets

spennebaker

Folks,

I'm an action shooter that has recently switched to lead due to the accuracy and savings associated with it. My platform is a Glock 20 with a storm lake barrel.

My problem is that the only data I have been able to find is for 175 and 180gr bullets with a diameter of .400. The bullets I am using are 155gr and 180gr with a diameter of .401.

I’m trying to keep my PF as close to 165 as possible. That’s 1065 FPS for the 155gr and 917 FPS for the 180gr.

The powders I have on hand include:

Titegroup

WST

Unique

HS-6

Bullseye

BlueDot

The primers I have on hand are:

Win LP

CCI# 350

Any help would be most appreciated!

Seth

Seth, welcome to the forums.

There is no black magic for lead bullets.....reduce your loads by .02 grains......and you should be right at where you are with the jacketed loads....If you are at 5.0gr, reduce to 4.8, etc.....You should be in the ball park...

Good luck,

DougC

Seth, welcome to the forums.

There is no black magic for lead bullets.....reduce your loads by .02 grains......and you should be right at where you are with the jacketed loads....If you are at 5.0gr, reduce to 4.8, etc.....You should be in the ball park...

Good luck,

DougC

Thanks Doug!

I just got off the phone with Rich at Sierra Bullets. Very helpful guy! Not only did he give me the contact info of a reloader friend of his that lives about 10 miles away from me, he spent about 20 minutes on the phone answering all my questions. Here's the data he gave me:

180gr LFP, .401 diameter - 950 - 1000 FPS

Unique - 5.9gr

Bullseye - 5.0gr

Univ Clays - 5.5gr

Titegroup - 5.3gr

WST - 4.8gr

As soon as I get my hands on a chrono, I'll let you guys know how these loads come out.

Edited by spennebaker

I load 150, 180, 213 gr lead bullets in 10mm and shoot them in my G20 with a BarSto. I tried a few different powders but I keep going back to WST for lead bullets. It is great in the .45 ACP and .40 and it works great in the 10mm also.

Neal in AZ

I load 150, 180, 213 gr lead bullets in 10mm and shoot them in my G20 with a BarSto. I tried a few different powders but I keep going back to WST for lead bullets. It is great in the .45 ACP and .40 and it works great in the 10mm also.

Neal in AZ

I agree. It has a very nice feel to it. More of a push than a snap.