Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Locator buttons and calibers (SDB)

Hi guys,

Is it dangerous to use an incorrect locator button? I bought a used Square Deal which came with three die sets (9mm, .40 and .45). But I only got two variants of locator button numbers: 1 for the .45, and 2 sets of #2!

For the time being, I'll be reloading 9mm only. Should I worry to get a set of #3 buttons, or will I do fine with the #2's?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Is it dangerous to use an incorrect locator button? I bought a used Square Deal which came with three die sets (9mm, .40 and .45). But I only got two variants of locator button numbers: 1 for the .45, and 2 sets of #2!

For the time being, I'll be reloading 9mm only. Should I worry to get a set of #3 buttons, or will I do fine with the #2's?

Thanks!

Not particularly dangerous. The only risk you run is crushing primers because the case isn't aligned. Other then that it just slightly increases the odds of the cases getting stuck on the way into the dies.

Call Dillon, we'll send you the locator pins :ph34r:

Thank you! I'm in South America however (Buenos Aires, Argentina)... any estimation of postage costs?

If I send it in a flat rate international priority envelope, postage is $11.00 :surprise:

Gary

Converted to Argentine Monopoly money that's quite a sum for three metal pins :S

Could you tell me the diameter of the #3 button head? Maybe I can make do and replace them with something similar (a modified screw or nail, for example)

Thank you once again!

Gary, this is for you:

you_rock_you_rule.jpg

THANK YOU! I've been loading already, keeping everything in place with small corrections by hand (precision first, speed later) and didn't have a single failure or problem. I'm a happy Dillon owner and hope to buy directly from the factory soon, you guys rock & rule.