Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Failure to Feed

Jac25

I loaded up for my first time .40 Cal 165 JHP with 4.7 grains of titegroup with an oal of 1.025 which, is what the hodgdon website recommends. My Glock 22 would not feed the rounds into the chamber. When I fired a round the slide would lock itself to rear and I had to manually depress the slide top in order to feed the next round.

I believe the problem has something to do with the OAL of the cartridge but I am not sure. I would randomly check the rounds and there was some variation they were 1.024, 1.026, or, 1.027. I looked at the hodgdon website to see if 1.025 was the minimum or maximum length but I could not find an answer.

I have Dillon carbide dies and the brass is once fired Glock brass. I didn’t have problem with the rounds going into battery they all fired so I believe that my crimp is good. Not sure what my next should what my course of action suggestion would be much appreciated.

Did it run in this particular range session with other ammo? Have you detail stripped it lately?

My G22 did the EXACT same thing one time, and it turned out that the slide stop spring was under the upper locking block pin when the dingaling that cleaned it (ME!) put it back together. I kicked his butt and he hasn't done it since, but I have seen a couple others do it too since then and I get to pretend to be smart and show them what the problem is.

I think you may have mi-read or mis-typed the oal. I thought standard length was 1.125. I load for my S_I @ 1.155 and it will also feed in my glock. I load 4.7 TG with a 180gr thru a 5in. barrel and my PF is 172-173. If you are loading what you said above you gotta be having some hot loads going there.