Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dog attack

AustinMike

I haven't had a chance to confirm yet whether carrying a baton is legal in my parts. I fall under county jurisdiction, so I need to call the county sheriff's office I guess. A couple of people suggested a good stout walking stick as a better choice. Where a baton is definitely a weapon, a walking stick is just that, unless someone or something forces me to use it in defense. Takes away some of the opportunity for some jerk to accuse you of killing their "beloved pet" with the weapon you were carrying. Something that I also thought of is that it creates some distance between you and the aggressive animal. I've had a little bit of martial arts training with the staff or Jo as its called, so I thought I could start brushing up on that. If you know how to strike with them, they can lay a lot of hurt down. If all else fails, the Glock steps in.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had a chance to confirm yet whether carrying a baton is legal in my parts. I fall under county jurisdiction, so I need to call the county sheriff's office I guess. A couple of people suggested a good stout walking stick as a better choice. Where a baton is definitely a weapon, a walking stick is just that, unless someone or something forces me to use it in defense. Takes away some of the opportunity for some jerk to accuse you of killing their "beloved pet" with the weapon you were carrying. Something that I also thought of is that it creates some distance between you and the aggressive animal. I've had a little bit of martial arts training with the staff or Jo as its called, so I thought I could start brushing up on that. If you know how to strike with them, they can lay a lot of hurt down. If all else fails, the Glock steps in.

You can get the most concentrated pepper spray available (the stuff the cops carry) at the police uniform shops. They sell it to civilians. It works on animals, but MACE does not work well on animals.