Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More windage lock screw problem

CenTX

I had a polymer C-More and overtightened the the windage adjustment allen head lock screw causing the body to crack where it is thin at the bottom of the sight. Sent it back to C-More and had it rebodied with an aluminum body. Great service, fast turn around. Since it came back in Novemebr I have only shot three matchs and thought my shooting had gotten rusty. Also was shooting up various partial baxes of old reloads and thought different points of impact might be caused by different loads. Loaded up about 200 of my standard load for today's match.

Today there were three stages with plate racks and I had lots of trouble hitting the plates on the first one. Went to another bay and sigted in, shooting 6-8" left. Adjust sight fire two at a paster and one hits and the other about an inch away, this was at at plate rack distance. Shoot a paper and popper stage and did ok. Got to another plate rack stage and had trouble hitting them. Went back to the other bay to check sights and I was again 6-8" left. The same thing happened again on the last plate rack stage. Tighted the lock screw on the aluminum C-More a lot tighter than you could have on a polymer C-More, the allen wrench was even bending but the zero still moved.

The problem was that the lock screw does not make contact with the windage screw. you can easily turn the windage adjustment with the lock screw tightened hard. The zero moves pretty rapidly 6-8" left, don't know the exact round count to move that far, but it's less than a mag.

Took the lock screw out tonight and the threaded hole is plenty deep, the taper at the head of the lock screw bottoms out on the taper in the body that it fits in before it touches the windage screw. Glad to have it figured out. I'll call C_More Monday.

That seems to be an issue on a lot of them lately... I've got the same thing on my elevation screw. Send it back to C-More... a friend sent his off to them and they fixed a cracked case and didn't even bill him.

They seem to be pretty good people.