Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Some MUSINGS on the 327 "TRR" for "Steel"...

mikey357

I recently picked up a "Slightly Used" Model 327 "Tactical Response Revolver"...an INTERESTING "Beast", to say the least!

I have made a few OBSERVATIONS, and come to a few CONCLUSIONS, as well...The gun came to me with an "Apex Tactical" Level II "Action Job", and Randy's "Skeletonized" Apex Hammer...QUITE NICE!

It "Runs" 100% for me with Federal "American Eagle" ammo with the DA set at 6 lbs., even...I THINK I can "Shave" another 1/4 to 1/2 lb. off that, when I have a chance to "Play With" it a lil' more...most of the two weeks I had the gun before the "Steel Match" two weeks ago was dedicated to getting it "Set Up" to run 100% with my "Match" ammo, changing out the grips, sights and getting it sighted in...lotsa' FUN to "Wring Out" a new one!

In my "Playing Around" with it in the backyard--I am fortunate to have enough space for a "Plate Rack" and a coupla' half-scale "Poppers" back there--I THOUGHT that MAYBE I had made a MISTAKE...that, MAYBE, the 327 was too LIGHT for "Steel"...well, if so, it sure didn't seem that way on Saturday, during our Match! I shot the second-best "Revo" score I ever have, and other than sighting in the 327, hadn't had any "Revo" practice in about six or seven weeks! I guess going from the eight-pound DA of my 686 "Pluses" to the six-pound DA on the 327 MIGHT account for SOME of my "Good Luck"--ya' think?!?! The gun was "Different" enough that four of my squadmates shot up all of my "Extra" ammo--about a box-and-a-half--after we were done, and before "Tearing Down" the Steel to put it back in the barn.

One of my YOUNGER Squadmates--he's 16, maybe 17--decided he wants a 327 for Christmas--just hasta' decide between the "TRR" and the "M&P"...oh, yeah...AND talk DAD into paying for it! Dad was kinda' SKEPTICAL, until HE shot it...left a SMILE on HIS face, too...

Seems like that gun--and Randy's AMAZING work--does that to a LOT of people...I know I'M SMILING about it right now...

Anyway, I have decided that I'll be sending Randy a coupla' guns for more "Work"...SOONER rather than LATER, IF I can talk the Missus into it...

I have also concluded that there IS a difference in the "Moonclips" that are available for the 627/327...MUCHO difference, in fact...the "Run-of-the-mill" 'clips that I purchased from Brownell's worked semi-okay with Remington brass--some were EASY to load/unload, some KINDA' hard...but they didn't want to work AT ALL with Federal brass--go figure!

The TK Custom "Match" 'clips, OTOH, worked FINE with either the Rem. OR Federal brass...again, go figure!

I have NOT had the chance to try any of Hearthco's "Premium" 'clips YET, but intend to, WHEN the BUDGET will STAND it!

FWIW... :) ....mikey357

Edited by mikey357

You got a feraking Palte Rack in the back yard.....even Elvis didn't have a plate rack in the back yard......you lucky son of a gun...... :goof:

In my "Playing Around" with it in the backyard--I am fortunate to have enough space for a "Plate Rack" and a coupla' half-scale "Poppers" back there--