Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The General state of affairs

Fireant

I work as an aide to a bankruptcy attorney. You should SEEEEEEE the eye-popping stuff in our case files...!!!! People take NO sensible responsibility for their spending. They say the average credit card holder in the U.S. has about $8,000 of debt. Well, I'm seeing tons MORE than THAT in most of our cases. It amazes me that people can keep ratcheting up their cards and then not know what to do about it. <_<

The only ones I sympathize with are the clients who have sudden, drastic and unexpected medical emergencies that break the hell out of them and leave them empty-handed. :unsure: Those are the sad cases.

Great rant!!! Discussed this at lunch the other day and everybody else thought that I was cruel and heartless. I was the minority because I thought people should take responsiblity for there decisions and actions.

Through nobody's fault but my own, I have been paying on a tremendous debt for 8 years now. I work my a$$ off 60+ hours a week just to keep my head above water and make sure that every single bill is paid on time. I have never been late on a payment that I can remember and I have perfect credit. It hasn't been easy but I can hold my head high and look anybody in the eye. Now they want to take my tax dollars and help out all the poor, unfortunate people who were victims of circumstance when they willingly bought their "bigger home than they could afford". And nobody can understand why that just pisses me off. Especially since I can't afford a house so I rent an 800sf. cottage.

Go to Vegas and sit down at the poker table. Put your money in the kitty, get your cards and then say, never mind. I don't want to play this hand, can you deal another hand?

OK I'm through. I hope you don't mind me joining your rant.

DonT