Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ar-24 vs tanfoglio

J-Ho

Henning mentioned his new small firing pin would work in the ar-24 pistol. That got me wondering how close are the other parts. I have swapped many parts with a baby eagle before, but I don't have any experience with they new armalite import. I'm wondering how this compares to a good old small frame Tanfoglio. All opinions and observations about this new gun would be appriciated.

Jason

Here's what I know..

IMI Baby Eagle are made at the Tanfoglio factory so lots of parts will interchange.

AR-24 is made from old Tanfoglio tooling & prints. They've made some cosmetic changes to the frame and slide, but it's Tanfoglio dimensions.

Here's what I know..

IMI Baby Eagle are made at the Tanfoglio factory so lots of parts will interchange.

Hi Henning - I agree with you as to the IMI frames and slides being cast by Tanfoglio in Italy. Polygonal barrels appear to be Italian too. But final fitting, grips, and some completion/finish work on the IMI/Jericho 941 line (aka "baby" desert eagle) is done by IMI in Israel - so they can truthfully claim "MADE IN ISREAL" as it states on the gun. Parts are, as you state, interchangeable.

Regards,

D.