Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do Bullseye an 9mm fmj get along?

flycaster

Hi, loaders. I'm pretty new at this reloading game, but have made up some excellent .45 lswc loads with Bullseye powder. I would prefer to stick with one powder for both, if possible. Is BE a good powder for 9mm, or should I search for another one for both? My use is strictly for target competition, not combat, so I don't need a heavy "push", just accuracy. "Major" and "minor" are not factors. Thanks for your input.

Chuck

If you already have it & like it, then its not a bad choice. Its fast burning so the recoil will be low, and I am certain there is a lot of data for every bullet weight, including a list of the most accurate loads.

Welcome aboard.

D.

If you already have it & like it, then its not a bad choice. Its fast burning so the recoil will be low, and I am certain there is a lot of data for every bullet weight, including a list of the most accurate loads.

Welcome aboard.

D.

Thanks, guys. I think I'll load up a few with different amounts of BE and test them out for accuracy and pistol function.

Chuck

Wow, what a coincidence -- I just worked up a load with BE, clocked it yesterday morning.

4.2 gr under 125 JHP Zeros, WSP primers, mixed range brass, OAL of 1.150", LEE FC die.

3 ten-round strings averaged 1070 fps, with low of 1055 and high of 1098.

Fed reliably through a G17 and a Walther PPS, no hiccups.

No signs of overpressure, recoil felt good.