Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta Al391 Sporting Optima

triggerpresser

I have a stock 391. Absolutely love it - as does everyone else that has one.

One piece of advice: Check the choke tube seating ring in the barrel for debris. Tube alignment in the Beretta with the stock, short tubes is 100% dependent on both the tube and the seat in the barrel having perfectly pristine mating surfaces. For whatever reason, I had a small burr of lead or steel on mine and went through hell getting the point of impact correct after it came out of the box (the burr came from the factory).

Never, ever shoot your Beretta with loose choke tubes. Brian's Slide Glide makes an excellent thread lubricant and is viscous enough to act like a mild thread-locker.

Enjoy! You probably have the most reliable auto shotgun ever made.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Any heavy grease should help your tubes stay tight, but Slide Glide #3 is probably the *best* choice. I like the Glide because it add some extra "sticktion" when I only want to hand tighten my choke tube.

The 391 is a great auto loader. You'll like it a lot. I don't know about SG helping to keep the choke tube in place. Just try to make it a habit to finger check the tube B4 yu start shoting at the next station. It should not come loose in 10 shots.