Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I wish there was a match every week!

Jay6

After just getting into the sport last fall, and becoming totally addicted, I have found myself spending most of my free time trying to get better. With just about 30 minutes every day spent on some form of dryfire practice over the past few months, I am finding myself wishing there were more matches to put some of these "new" skills to the test. I know when the weather gets nice there will be plenty of live fire chances, it is just tough to see progress with most of the work being done in my garage with dry fire.

After trying to soak in as much information I can from the good shooters around me I think that I am practicing the right things. I just hope that my performances start to reflect the work that I "think" I have put in once I have a regular chance to test them under pressure. Anyone else going through, or been through something similar? Starting out as a D shooter after only a handfull of matches at the ens of last season, I am hoping to be in the A range by the end of 2008. I know this is a large jump but I know that it is possible with the right "kind" of work.

It is cool to hear your enthusiasm! :) I am lucky in the regard that there is a match every weekend in our state, some weekends you can take your pick between two different venues. But, feed your need on the practice range and I think you will find yourself further ahead of the game than going to matches every weekend. Good luck

It is cool to hear your enthusiasm! :) I am lucky in the regard that there is a match every weekend in our state, some weekends you can take your pick between two different venues. But, feed your need on the practice range and I think you will find yourself further ahead of the game than going to matches every weekend. Good luck

Don't get me wrong, when the weahter gets nice I will be able to shoot a match just about every weekend, and I still try and go to the range once every week or two for live fire. I just really started getting into the sport as the season ended which was kind of a bummer and I enjoy the matches because they quickly showcase improvements which might otherwise be difficult to see. For instance dealing with pressure or anxiety, and also breaking down a stage (which I am trying to work on). Tough to similate that at the range. Not sure where I was going with this, just thinking out loud! Time to get back to work!