Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pseudotumor cerebri

bierman

Great news from the doctors yesterday at Samantha's latest appointment. Her vision is improving steadily, especially her visual field, which was where the most damage had occurred. The swelling around her optic nerve is greatly reduced and the papilledema is drastically smaller. We met with a neuro-opthalmalogist yesterday who explained that it will take a bit of time for the damage to fully reverse itself since the pressure had been so great in the beginning. He told us that she actually had wrinkles in her retina right around where the pressure was greatest and those would take some time to go away. She will now be seeing the doctors at Children's once a week for a while and will probably be on her medication for at least a year, but her prognosis is very good. :D

My family and I would like to let everyone know how much we have appreciated the kind words, thoughts and prayers of all in the last few weeks. It has certainly helped us through this very trying time to know that there were others out there rooting for Samantha's recovery. Just one more reason why this is the BEST place on the Internet.

I'm Amaryne, Hagars' daughter. I hope every thing is well. Me and my family says hello and hopes it gust gets better! I have also been in big danger and got better, so she will get completely better! I had a appendectomy a while ago and was very ill because the doctors did not pick it up in time. Please tell your daughter that I hope she recovers completely as it must suck big-time not to be able to see. :goof::surprise: :surprise: