Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What factors influence trigger reset?

TannerB

Is the trigger spring partly responsible for this? I bent the bar that the trigger spring attaches to, and the gun works fine, shoots great, but if I release the the slide lock with the slide locked back the trigger does not always reset. Any suggestions? I think I may have the tab bent to far. Thanks

Tanner,

I have learned a lot about the Glock trigger by studying this animation.

It may NOT act like a hyperlink. If so "copy" and "paste" into your address bar and click Go or press enter.

http://www.sniperworld.com/glock/loader_g17_ver_1_4.swf

Very informative. If not, at least it's fun as heck. Changing the "visual controls" is cool.

Jim M

Looks to me like the trigger spring acts as an opposing force during reset (use a lighter one and you'll get a stronger reset) and the striker spring is the main contributor, with the heavier springs providing the snappiest reset.

Looks to me like the trigger spring acts as an opposing force during reset (use a lighter one and you'll get a stronger reset) and the striker spring is the main contributor, with the heavier springs providing the snappiest reset.
The trigger spring and striker spring always act as opposing forces. Stronger trigger spring = lighter pull (because it helps to pull the trigger) but also a weaker reset force. Stronger striker spring equals stronger reset force but also increased trigger pull. The secret is to get the right balance.

The trigger spring and striker spring always act as opposing forces. Stronger trigger spring = lighter pull (because it helps to pull the trigger) but also a weaker reset force. Stronger striker spring equals stronger reset force but also increased trigger pull. The secret is to get the right balance.

Very, very well put bountyhunter. Thank you.

Jim M