Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 650 + Lee Collator = Cheap case feeder

I figured I would experiment with a cheaper alternative to the Dillon casefeeder. Two basic reasons, it is pricey and it didnt function 100% when I was loading with it.

I bought the Lee Pro 1000, Load-Master Progresive Press Case Feeder Large Pistol and the Lee Pro 1000, Load-Master Progressive Press Case Collator from Midway, total of $26.

I replaced the bolt that comes out of the Lee case feeder with a 1/4 by 3/4 bolt, connected it to a 1/4 coupler. On the bottom, I welded a 1/4 by 3/4 bolt to a 3/4 deep nut. I am sure this can be done with epoxy as well. Make sure you offset your weld a bit to align the holes.

The 3/4 nut goes on top of the black rod that is on the 650, you couple the two 1/4 bolts, use the Dillon plastic adapter and it works 100%.

The Lee system has two feeders, large pistol and small pistol, $16 each.

So far, the system is working well. Maybe eventually I will buy the Dillon case feeder as well.

Hope this helps someone.

I tried to create a bullet feeder using their system but it took me far more time to load the tubes than what I saved in the process of loading.

Finally spent the money and purchased a KISS and only wish that I had done it much sooner. Since I have NO problems from the Dillon case feeders on my 650 & 1050, I would say that, sooner or later, you will take the plunge and only wish that you had done it sooner.

Good luck