Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Iris Scanner at Immigration

zhunter

They have 2 lines in Europe now: a short line for "EC Citizens" and a really LONG line for everyone else.

Last time we went to visit the in-laws, I was stuck for 1/2 hour in line with all the other "furiners" while the Tuetonic Princess got through in 3 minutes with her EC ID and passport. :angry2:

As for biometrics & George Orwell (oops - meant to post in the OTHER "What I____" subforum).

Uhm, have you ever seen the lines at immigration coming in to the US? Where all those "EC Citizens" have to get fingerprinted? The installing of the US Visit made travel to the US a lot more of a hassle.

I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but I think the universal consensus among those who have travelled abroad from the US is that how we welcome visitors to our shores is nothing short of an utter embarrassment. Coming home to go through immigration is the biggest letdown there is short of finding out your basset hound got run over by a bus while you were gone (hypothetical example).

They have 2 lines in Europe now: a short line for "EC Citizens" and a really LONG line for everyone else.

Last time we went to visit the in-laws, I was stuck for 1/2 hour in line with all the other "furiners" while the Tuetonic Princess got through in 3 minutes with her EC ID and passport. :angry2:

As for biometrics & George Orwell (oops - meant to post in the OTHER "What I____" subforum).

Uhm, have you ever seen the lines at immigration coming in to the US? Where all those "EC Citizens" have to get fingerprinted? The installing of the US Visit made travel to the US a lot more of a hassle.

I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but I think the universal consensus among those who have travelled abroad from the US is that how we welcome visitors to our shores is nothing short of an utter embarrassment. Coming home to go through immigration is the biggest letdown there is short of finding out your basset hound got run over by a bus while you were gone (hypothetical example).

Hey, there is a "no wait" line coming over from Mexico. :o