Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA Limited Longslide

Frazier

Hi folks. I am new to the EAA world, and am very interested in getting an EAA Limited 40 cal for limited competition. However, I really like the longslide on my Glock 24, and would like to have that option on the EAA, particularly for shooting steel in 9mm. I notice on the EAA site they offer complete longslides as accessories. I would like a gun where I can have both the 5 inch and 6 inch slide, and see which works better for me.

Would the EAA 9mm or 40 cal longslide accessory part fit on the EAA Limited? Is there a difference in the barrel and or match accuracy in the longslide from the Limited model slide and barrel? Would this be legal in USPSA limited class? Anyone know how much slide lightening would cost for the EAA longslide?

I read the thread on the EAA hunter for legality in Limited, but it appears to me that is a totally separate gun and separate issue. Presumably EAA has made at least 500 on the longslides as a factory option.

I would appreciate any and all help. And also, since I am new to the forum, I am not certain I am asking this in the right place. So I apologize if I got the proceedure wrong.

First of all, Welcome to the Tanfoglio/EAA world! I believe the "long slide" you are seeing on the EAA site is the "standard" slide for the 5 inch barrel competition guns. I am basing that on the picture show since they don't provide any specs (how nice). The two main competiton pistols, the Limited and the Gold Team use "coned" barrels. All the barrels that I see on the site are straight (again, picture shown, not printed spec). The only 6 inch pistol I am aware of is the "hunter" and it is not available (the last I have seen) in 40S&W or 38S. It comes in 10mm and 45ACP. It appears to use the same competiton slide as the end of the "slide" is attached to the barrel (like the Gold Team Compensator). Kind of strange, but it does kind of make it a Sight Tracker in that the front sight does not recoil with the slide. Too bad it is not made in 40S&W. It is a Cone barrel but it does not use the full length dust cover frame like the Limited and the Gold Team (although many cut the Gold team to the length of the Hunter frame). I would think it would not need the extra weight of the full dust cover anyway with the barrel extension. It looks like it could be a really fun 6 inch pistol if it came in 40s&w. If you find out differently, please post that info here. I do not have any information or knowledge about the possibility of "down loading" a 10mm or shooting a 40S&W in a 10mm pistol. It would be cool to be able to get that top end in 40! Maybe in '08 it will happen. <_<

The longslide's might fit, but that would be akin to putting a junkyard 350 in a dragster. The upper on the limited features a much better barrel, slide, sights, and finish than the std/LS uppers.

I love the longer upper on my Match, but I wouldn't change the upper on a Limited or GT for that extra ~.5", especially since you'd be loosing the cone barrel, better rifling and better fit of the stock upper.

Krautwagen - thanks for the feedback on the longslide vs Limited. The quality was my main concern, so no options there.

ks-shooter - re 40 vs 10mm, try the CZ clone forum at http://czechpistols82792.yuku.com/forums/2...CLONE-CLUB.html.

This is an interesting subject for me as well. I have read that conversion only requires a different barrel and spring in an EAA - going either way. The breach face is the same, and the outer diameter of the barrels are the same for the slide match. The barrel might require a slight fitting. You might have to change the mags, but you might not.

I don't know how the front end of the hunter works. If it's something attached to the barrel, maybe you could have a gun smith unnattach and reattach to a six inch 40 cal barrel. If it's part of the slide, then it might be very easy to just replace the barrel, spring, maybe the mags, maybe a little proffessional fitting. Although per another thread here, it would not be legal for Limited - at least not yet.

Krautwagen - I notice your thumbnail shows an M&P with what appears to be a partially blasted slide - it looks very cool. Do you have a full size picture? Where did you get this done and how much did it cost? I am planning on getting the M&P in the 5 inch for Production. The 5 inch is supposed to come out at the shot show.

Krautwagen - I just found your picture and thread on the M&P. Very nice. I think the M&P has the best grip on the market for any gun anywhere - not bad for tupperwear. I like my Glocks, but the grip is far from ideal.