Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Millett rear SDM F/O front

vrmn1

For a .300 high front which Millett rear do I need? The .360 high?

Do the Milletts come with screws?

My 610 came in today. I knew it had a dot sight on it and the price I got it for I didn't ask if it had the rear sight which it didn't so do I need to order screws?

Yep.

only the elevation screw

do I need to order screws?

you'll need a screw for the front of the sight (shorten it a little, the factory screws are always a little too long for the Millett), and the little square thingamabob that goes on the elevation screw in the back

Yep.

only the elevation screw

do I need to order screws?

you'll need a screw for the front of the sight (shorten it a little, the factory screws are always a little too long for the Millett), and the little square thingamabob that goes on the elevation screw in the back

Thanks Mike.

I had kinda figured it all out but wanted to make sure I wasn't forgetting something.

It sounds like you have the correct combination of sight hieghts.

I just put the short (.250) SDM front sight and the shortest (.312) Millet on my 625 this week. As mentioned earlier the front screw will need to be shortened or else it will pass far enough through the frame and lock the cylinder.

Use the side of a dremel cutoff wheel to grind the screw shorter. I blued the end of the screw after grinding and polishing. You might need to peen the front of the leaf spring of the sight so that it fits snug in the sight groove. Use a center punch in front of the screw hole and tap two to a side until it fits.

I have not been to the range yet so I don't know for sure. The elevation stud may need to be ground down a bit as well, to allow the sight to come down far enough to match the front FO.

I just ordered the stud from Brownells - just in case.

940-071-800

071800000 REAR SIGHT ELEVATION STUD

This weekend I hope to install the JM spring kit and polish up the internals. I've got about 600 rounds through the gun now so I should be able to see where any problem high spots and such are. I bought an extra strain screw for triming.

Next the C&S increased length firing pin will be installed.