Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sabre Defence

cpty1

Thought I'd share a story about Sabre Defence. As many of you know, they are great supporters of our sport. They've donated countless guns, uppers, and products to matches of all levels. Well, their customer service is even better.

I picked up one of their complete uppers off the prize table at the Area 6 3 Gun Championship. The other day I was gonna reconfigure it just a bit and shoot it in some upcoming matches. Well, as with pistols, once again I know I should let someone else handle the tools and I should just concentrate on pulling the trigger. Long story short, I sheared the pin on the barrel and cracked the upper receiver. Yeah, I know.....how could you do that? Well, pretty easy for me apparently.

I could have replaced the parts I damaged with those from other manufacturers and ended up with a working unit, but because it was a prize table pickup, I wanted to keep the major components as initially built by Sabre.

Called up David at Sabre and explained what I had done and asked if they could repair my upper. At David's request, I sent him my upper. A week later I get a completely assembled upper back and ready to go. I offered before hand, and have repeatedly offered after the fact, to pay them, but they have refused. I figured even if they just charged me their parts cost plus labor, I would be lucky; but was willing to pay them any amount within reason to fix what I had done. But they are having no part of it.

Dillon is rightfully renowned for their great customer service, but I'm not so sure how they'd respond if someone took a hammer to their press and just destroyed it, which is essentially what I did with my Sabre upper. How's that for support and service that goes beyond words and marketing hype?