Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P in .45 VS XD in .45

1911vm

Okay does any one have both M&P in .45 and XD in .45 and can give me a good criticism on both. I am considering them for 3gun heavy metal. I normally use SS 1911 but for the matches that will let you use 10rd. I need something else.

Thanks

Edited by 1911vm

Shot/Tested both as possible department duty weapons. Went with the M&P .45. All Officers actually liked the version with the frame mounted safety (like the 1911) but went without that feature because many of my officers don't like to train with the weapons a lot. Just one less thing to think about when the SHTF.

Main difference noted between the two weapons: Both shot very well, both were accurate. The XD holds more rounds. The M&P has different backstraps to fit different hand sizes. The M&P had far less perceived recoil. Much more muzzle flip with the XD. The XD tested was the "Tactical" version.

All my Officers commented how the .45 recoil was much better than the .40. We were also testing the Glock .45, as well as the same weapons in .40 caliber. The M&P .45 came out on the top. I am in the process of purchasing one for personal use. I am getting the version with frame mounted safety.

Okay does any one have both M&P in .45 and XD in .45 and can give me a good criticism on both. I am considering them for 3gun heavy metal. I normally use SS 1911 but for the matches that will let you use 10rd. I need something else.

Thanks

Won't they let you run 10 round extended 45 acp mags like limited 10.

Pat

Go with the M&P 45. You will experience MUCH less muzzle flip from the M&P. The XD's are much more flippy. Reliability would be the same. I like the interchangeable backstraps of the M&P as well. You can "tune" the grip to your liking.

Shot/Tested both as possible department duty weapons. Went with the M&P .45. All Officers actually liked the version with the frame mounted safety (like the 1911) but went without that feature because many of my officers don't like to train with the weapons a lot. Just one less thing to think about when the SHTF.

Main difference noted between the two weapons: Both shot very well, both were accurate. The XD holds more rounds. The M&P has different backstraps to fit different hand sizes. The M&P had far less perceived recoil. Much more muzzle flip with the XD. The XD tested was the "Tactical" version.

All my Officers commented how the .45 recoil was much better than the .40. We were also testing the Glock .45, as well as the same weapons in .40 caliber. The M&P .45 came out on the top. I am in the process of purchasing one for personal use. I am getting the version with frame mounted safety.

Two reasons

1st yes I could use 10 round mags. I even have an extra 1911 that I was planing on using specifically for 3 gun IE tech wear magwell, tripp mags set in of 5 in 10round and 8round with extended pads (depending on the match some do not allow 10 round) extended mag-release. The only problem is that all that will cost same if not more then the a new M&P.

That brings me to the second reason an excuse to get a new gun. :goof:

But I have not decided and may just stay with 1911