Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Addition to Proper fitness training

PINMAN44

Each individuals needs are based on their genetics. Genetics differs. I figure regimens for people on body type (Meso,Endo,Ecto etc...) BMI, Weight, Height, and medical history. I can offer advice and websites that will help you with your needs.

Once again I'm a student and I'm pursuing the Exercise Phys. Route and have had numerous internships.

Physical therapy intern( Rehab(Resistance theraband), E-stem, ultrasound, cryotherapy etc.)

Athletic training (Wrapping, Taping, Cryo and heat therapy)

I do not currently hold any Bull shit certifications like those two day personal training degrees, they end up hurting people. What works for one persons genetic type may not work for another.

Here are some recommendations for all body types:

DO NOT OVERTRAIN!

If you are performing any weight lifting activity make sure you are building symmetrically to avoid imbalances( For example people who work only certain muscle groups.)

For our sport to avoid muscle failure do more of a circuit based weight lifting and cardiovascular routine to avoid lactic acid build up or DOMS delayed onset muscle syndrome.

Make sure you get appropriate sleep... 8 hours to heal the muscle tissue that has been broken. I recommend a protein shake average (24grams of protein, 35 grams of complex carbs and some simple sugars.) after to feed the tissue appropriately with the correct amino acids, carbs, and proteins. Check with your doctor to make sure you do not have a history of any problems processing more protein the normal some people have problems with kidney stones etc...

Moderation is key to being healthy and HAPPY! Enjoy some damn cake and pie once in a while Beer etc.

Try to reduce stress levels because they increase negative hormone production which can put junk weight on ya.

Anything that I can help you with give me your phone number and I will call you personally.

Here are some websites that may help.

www.bodybuilding.com read articles by professional doctors and physiologists

http://www.myfit.ca/

Thank you

Robby

I'd also like to add that I don't necessarily believe in over-training as the symptoms from over-training aren't caused by working too much, but by resting too little. Think of it as under-recovery more than over-training.

My other recommendation is to forget about isolation exercises and 99% of machines. The body was meant to work against gravity in compound joint movements. If you are looking to improve functionality - you should train that same way.

http://www.crossfit.com

http://www.gymjones.com

Here are a few links that anyone serious about their health and fitness should really take the time to check out.

This is taken directly from that website:

"CrossFit is in large part derived from several simple observations garnered through hanging out with athletes for thirty years and willingness, if not eagerness, to experiment coupled with a total disregard for conventional wisdom. Let me share some of the more formative of these observations:

1. Gymnasts learn new sports faster than other athletes.

2. Olympic lifters can apply more useful power to more activities than other athletes.

3. Powerlifters are stronger than other athletes.

4. Sprinters can match the cardiovascular performance of endurance athletes � even at extended efforts.

5. Endurance athletes are woefully lacking in total physical capacity.

6. With high carb diets you either get fat or weak.

7. Bodybuilders can't punch, jump, run, or throw like athletes can.

8. Segmenting training efforts delivers a segmented capacity.

9. Optimizing physical capacity requires training at unsustainable intensities.

10. The world's most successful athletes and coaches rely on exercise science the way deer hunters rely on the accordion."

I have experimented with probably every diet and exercise regimen that I've ever come across. The CF mode of exercise (although it was obviously not invented by CF) is by far the best at creating all-inclusive true "fitness."

4 months ago 15 pull ups were difficult. Now I can do 40. 4 months ago I couldn't even come close to attaining a muscle up. Now I can do 10 consecutively and 30 in just over 5 minutes. My 40 yard dash times are steadily decreasing. My vertical leap numbers are steadily increasing. I'm leaner and healthier than I've ever been in my life. This isn't to say that I'm special or that I'm bragging, just that the results are there IF you are willing to work your ass off. There are several other CFers on this forum and I'm 100% sure that they will chime in echoing my comments.

I appreciate your input Jake, you def. have a knack for the exercise field. Just one thing on over training, you may not be putting the load of damage on the tissue itself, but the structure is what you must protect. I.E. The spine and doing one to many Squats, deads, goodmornings, bent rows etc.

Thanks man, you def understand the value of your sport.

One other thing I'd like to add.

Overtraining is a very real risk when is comes to Rhabdomyolysis.

Basically that's a $50 word for what happens when you damage your muscles so much that the kidneys can't flush the waste out of your system fast enough. This is very potentially fatal. A big warning sign is if your urine turns a brownish color. If that should happen, get to the hospital as soon as possible. Ditto with excessive swelling.

Make sure when you are starting out in an exercise program (such as CF) that you slowly ramp up your intensity over the period of several weeks or months.

One other thing I'd like to add.

Overtraining is a very real risk when is comes to Rhabdomyolysis.

Basically that's a $50 word for what happens when you damage your muscles so much that the kidneys can't flush the waste out of your system fast enough. This is very potentially fatal. A big warning sign is if your urine turns a brownish color. If that should happen, get to the hospital as soon as possible. Ditto with excessive swelling.

Make sure when you are starting out in an exercise program (such as CF) that you slowly ramp up your intensity over the period of several weeks or months.

Hahaha preventative measure, hydration. Impressive Jake.

+1000 to Jake.

I used to lift just weights all the time. Found that I was losing flexability and it was doing nothing to increase my foot speed and endurance. All I was doing was looking cool for the chicks that might think about looking my way. Crossfit has changed all that and I'll never go back. Granted I have been sore as hell all the time but I tend to push it all little too much. Is it worth it? Hell yes. Is it a pain in the ass to suffer thru the sessions? Hell yes. Does it make me a better shooter? Hell yes. I am much steadier on the move and can accelerate faster than before. My senses are also much acute for a reason I do not know. I think that it just confidence in myself that's doing it. Now that I am getting in better shape I feel I can do anything. I say all this and I just started about 3 weeks ago. I'll never go back to doing anything else for fitness. I can't wait to see where I am in a year. ON/OFF button for machine mode is going to be fun.

Thanks Jake and everyone else for getting me straight,

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

Each individuals needs are based on their genetics. Genetics differs. I figure regimens for people on body type (Meso,Endo,Ecto etc...)

I disagree strongly with this approach. It might be appropriate if your interest is purely aesthetics, but mine isn't.

Instead, focus on movements, not muscles. That's pretty much sums it up.

Build functional strength and athleticism, and the body will follow.

I don't see how being an ecto- or meso-morph should alter your training.

Jake,

Those are impressive numbers. Are you on the Zone diet?

Edited by Leozinho

Crossfit has helped me in so many ways. Once I learned to eat (what , when and how much) my performance went way up. You do work your azz off like Jake says, but it becomes addicting pain :cheers: