Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Once Used Brass

Yaarr

By the way guys, it is for caliber 357 SIG, not that I guess that changes much, as it is really more about the Brass quality and Primer seat, etc and consistency and quality that I am asking.

But I figure that you should know.

By the way guys, it is for caliber 357 SIG, not that I guess that changes much, as it is really more about the Brass quality and Primer seat, etc and consistency and quality that I am asking.

Not to be too negative, but there probably aren't that many .357 Sig reloaders out there...but it would be interesting to see how the brass compares with .40 S&W brass as far as the good brands and not so good brands.

Edit to add: I have yet to see Starline brass in any caliber that was anything but very good...might be worth a look.

Edited by G-ManBart

Not to be too negative, but there probably aren't that many .357 Sig reloaders out there...but it would be interesting to see how the brass compares with .40 S&W brass as far as the good brands and not so good brands.

Edit to add: I have yet to see Starline brass in any caliber that was anything but very good...might be worth a look.

Cheers... yeah.

I agree that 40 SW would be the one to go for and compare Brass. (and no you are not being negative at all).

I did not want to be too specific about it being 357 SIG, as I figure that it mostly comes from Police using them down range and of course, probably not reloading them, so it is hard to find out any details on good or bad Brass.

So, I would also agree on the 40 SW Brass, to give an idea.

Yes, I fully agree about the Starline and have ordered some, but they cost about four times the price as once used Brass, so that it out of the question for normal practice or small matches.

I have noticed that in 357 SIG Brass, the two main brands offered were Speer and PMC, so thats why I posed the question, mostly based on these two... if possible.

Cheers for any input.

OK, maybe a new possibility has presented itself.

I guess that in the terms of reloading once fired brass... Winchester, Federal or Fiocchi are all fine?

But which do you think is best and why?

Thanks for the help.

For me, I tend to go with Winchester brass as I have found it to be the

most consistant in resilience and pocket seat. Federal for instance, always

comes out with a slightly shorter OAL after seating.. 9mm, 40.cal,

OK, maybe a new possibility has presented itself.

I guess that in the terms of reloading once fired brass... Winchester, Federal or Fiocchi are all fine?

But which do you think is best and why?

Thanks for the help.

I've had excellent results with Winchester once-fired brass. I can get plenty of it free in .40 and use that for match ammo. After that it becomes practice ammo and I have some cases that I'm certain have been loaded at least ten or twelve times. I think I've thrown out maybe four cases that have split at the mouth (slightly). I have noted that they have a smaller case volume than Starline and had to drop my powder charge a bit to get the same power factor....but it could be the opposite in .357 Sig...it's easy enough to check....fill one up with powder and dump it in the other and see how much of the case it takes up. R,

I don't know how the price stacks up in the market, but... I noticed that the new Dillon catalog lists once-fired 357SIG brass in their "used brass" page.

B

That is actually quite expensive and it is mixed brass.

But thanks anyway.