Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wild speculation needed

Revopop

OK, here's what I see comparing a brand new G34 slide to the Lone Wolf version:

With the barrel, rod and recoil spring out and the standard polymer FS and adjustable rear on, the OFM slide weighs 370 grams. The Lone Wolf slide with the standard internals (all of which went into the slide no problem at all) with the same sights weighs 362 grams.

The external dimensions (width and height, measured with a dial caliper, and the length, measured with an antiquated Mark I eyeball and ruler) were the same within a couple thousandths.

The ejection port on the LW is lowered by the barest fraction (0.023", if you want to know), which seems to be made up of an extra bevel on the lower outer edge of the port.

The bottom of the slide has beveled outside edges. The nose is rounded like the OFM version.

The front and rear serrations are raked top front to bottom rear, and are made up of finely milled ribs.

The Lone Wolf logo is laser engraved on the right rear of the slide (and runs into the milled area of the rear grip serrations), and the inside of the slide next to the stripper rail is engraved "Lone Wolf 9mm"

Finish is matte gray stainless. Machining is pretty clean looking to this novice.

Disclaimer - the measurements were the same on multiple Glock OFM slides (G34, G35x2, G17), but I just have the one LW, so I can't speak to the unit to unit consistency on their product.

I like it... :D

Edited by kevin c

Well I traded a S&W 1911SC for a Glock 17 at the Fake Sword and Jerky show this weekend, buy now I'm thinking about someday going the Lone Wolf G24 top end route if I ever get a bug to shoot Limited again. These days, I'm pretty much on a solid revolver kick, but it's nice to know there's a product that's up to snuff without a high price and a long wait.

Edited by Glockopop

• 5 weeks later...

This just in from John Amidon, an official ruling to be put up next week, basically saying the front cocking serrations make the slides from LW and Caspian illegal in Production:

John <jamidon1@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

Kevin,

As an update to the Lone Wolf slides as a replacement for Glock’s in Production, the following ruling will be effective next Tuesday, just wanted to give you a heads-up as you had inquired prior.

Is it legal to put a Lone Wolf after market Glock 34 slide and barrel on a Glock 17 and still be legal for Production division? Lone Wolf adds front cocking serrations, a lowered ejection port, a bull nose and is stainless steel.

Glock's do not have the front serrations, an owner of a Glock is not allowed to mill their slide for anything but fitting a sight as per item 21 of Appendix D4, therefore, buying an aftermarket slide that has the front serrations cut into it, does not fit within the guidelines of the original factory contour or standard as specified in the same item.

John

So it seems that the ruling is now more conservative on what meets the "contour" guideline than previously. Thank you for the update, John.

Kevin C

FY25171

Well, even asking JA himself isn't always gonna work out. This is 180 degrees from what he'd told me before. Second time I've been caught be a rule change/new interpretation after investing in a gun or parts (other time was in the other practical pistol sport, and was more expensive, as it involved a whole new gun).

I don't shoot open. The slide may go up for sale in our classifieds. See ya there! :wacko:

Edited by kevin c

Luckily i saw this post, i ordered a G34 slide and barrel from LWD then asked if i could cancel it. They were VERY nice about it they didn't know about the new ruling. Now the question is if they make the slides without the front serrations would it be legal.

Luckily i saw this post, i ordered a G34 slide and barrel from LWD then asked if i could cancel it. They were VERY nice about it they didn't know about the new ruling. Now the question is if they make the slides without the front serrations would it be legal.

Emailed LW. They do not, at least at this point, intend to put out a "factory configuration" (my description) G34/35 slide.

KC