Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Blaster is finally complete!

TannerB

I think as in it's current configuration it would be legal in L10-Limited (minor).

What is the difference in the barrel dia. on the 40 to 9mm gun and a bushing to bull barrel conversion gun? Unless in the chance that you plan to shoot the Nats I would not worry about it.

Change out the brass plug on the mag-well, install a stock G34-35 mag release, and install the G35 barrel for ESP in IDPA. The rear portion of the mag-well would have to most likey be milled

to fit in the box due to the lager front and rear sights. 

Just my thoughts

Banks

Edited by spankymac

Limited or L-10 minor.

BTW, the G34 and G35 OEM slides are different. There is more metal in the G35 slide. I will try to take both apart and photo them to post when I get home tonight. So, that has to be factored in too. This is just too slippery a slope. G35 works for production just as well as a G34. There is no reason to change barrels except for possible cheaper ammo, but there IS an advantage in weight. It's a minor advantage, but it's there never-the-less. That's the underlying reason for the rule.

What about CZ's? XD's? etc etc. What a logistical nightmare for a major match. Chronoman would have to be a walking gun savant. Are you trying to kill Greg Lent?

Thanks guys, Limited was what I figured it was, but yall started throwing me off some.

on the mag relase I took the stock extended release and drilled a small hole in it. then used a stainless steel screw 6 X 1/2 I think and used a screw cap cover. I work at Lowes and looked through everything till I came up with an idea that would work. I then put some deck tape on top of it. Works pretty damn good so far. Very solid

Be careful with the mag release, something that big is real easy to hit when you don't mean to.

I have seen more dropped mags because of O/S mag buttons than the law should allow.

AND the extended slide release has caused a lot of slides to be locked back inadvertantly as well.

On my limited Glock I have a factory extended mag release which is fine but my slide release is a standard one cut down to just a little nub. In USPSA you don't ever have to go to slide lock and it is usually best you don't. There is just enough left on mine that you can drop the slide from slide lock IF I screw up and have to.