Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Value of a Colt Mustang MK IV Plus II

Well, long story short, my mother in law has a Colt Mustang MKIV Series 80 Plus II with the two orig mags, box and manual she wants me to sell for her. The gun has a stainless finish, some very like scratch handling marks and I think might have had 100rnds thru the gun 10 years ago. I put some pics in here. Any ideas on what she could expect to get for it or what a fair asking price is. Only bad thing I can see on the gun, which I am completely unfamiliar with is that she painted the almost no exhistant sites with either white out on the rear and nail polish on the front or some type of hobby paint. I think I should be able to remove it without marring up the gun, but any thoughts on that?

and the pics, because every thread should have some...

http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/9140/61676 link in case the in thread pictures fail.

colt-mustang-021.jpg

colt-mustang-026.jpg

colt-mustang-028.jpg

colt-mustang-029.jpg

colt-mustang-030.jpg

Thanks for any info or help. I know next to nothing about these guns.

post-12144-1199152465.jpg

A lot will depend on the availability in your local market. I have a Mk IV series 80 that has more wear and was offered $700.00. Locally the Mustang is almost impossible to come by and the few that are available are going for well over $700.00

A lot will depend on the availability in your local market. I have a Mk IV series 80 that has more wear and was offered $700.00. Locally the Mustang is almost impossible to come by and the few that are available are going for well over $700.00

I was thinking about trying to sell it online on gunbroker or something just do to time constraints with work and having wierd unpredictable hours. That is somethin gI had not considered before. Not that I ever need a reason to go to the gun show, but...

I was thinking about trying to sell it online on gunbroker or something just do to time constraints with work and having wierd unpredictable hours. That is somethin gI had not considered before. Not that I ever need a reason to go to the gun show, but...

Research Gunbroker and if you are competitive with the price would probably go very quikly.

I have a Mustang pocketlite that cost $400 new. Makes a great watch fob.

I wanted a Mustang for a long time but wouldn't pay what they were asking for the few I found. Got mine in a PD trade in and paid $225.00 for it cause whoever it was issued to took it apart and couldn't get it back together. At least I got a grat deal. $400.00 that must have been a year or two ago :surprise:

• 3 weeks later...