Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zeroing a HK G36

epault

Does any body have any experience with the G36 (any barrel length)? If so what zero takes full advantage of the 5.56 (62gr) trajectory?

Thanks

I shot a select fire G36 once; it was not mine so I can't say specifically what zero will work for your gun.

However, the sight I use on my AR should be about as high above the centerline of the bore as your g36.

My zero is to adjust for the bullets to hit 1" LOW at 25 meters.

They will hit dead on at 50 meters, again hit dead on at 230 yards, and they should never hit far above or below the point of aim out to 250 yards.

Where did you get a G36? What country are you in?

Thanks for the help. There is a EOtech mounted on the carrying handle, and the dis. between line of sight and line of bore must be near 4 in. Its like a ACOG with a Jpoint mounted on it. Its almost imposable to get a good cheek to stock firing position. It more of a heads up, buttstock in chest firing position. I'll let you know how it works out.

• 3 years later...

I run mine at 35 yard zero if I am running my red dot on my low profile rail (lose the factory stuff). Hits about 1.5" low at 15 and about 1.5 above at 100. Makes for easy accurate enough highspeed drills in a 3 gun.

I set it for 100m with my nightforce NSX-t 2.5~10 scope. I am looking at running a burkett offset mount soon. Might try the deltapoint for the close in stuff.

Its no JP CRT-02 rifle, but it sure gets attention when I pull it out of the case. With the SJC titan break I have on it holds pretty steady when rocking and rolling.

Here is vid at the zombie shoot....