Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TS OAL

Shay1911

About the longest I have managed was 1.170" in my guns (had 2 of them at one time). I'd suggest 1.160" or shorter to make sure there is room to move around in the magazine.

WARNING: that rules out many of the loads here in the 40 section of the forum. It also rules out many powders. At such short lengths, I am relying on factory Major data with 180s using Solo 1000 powder.

I've been running 1.165 using N320 with no problems at all. Right at 4K rounds at this point.

If you'd be willing to share....What is the bullet and bullet weight and weight of powder you are using with the 1.165 OAL with N320.

OOPS! Double post

Edited by Albert

I've been running 1.165 using N320 with no problems at all. Right at 4K rounds at this point.

If you'd be willing to share....What is the bullet and bullet weight and weight of powder you are using with the 1.165 OAL with N320?

If you'd be willing to share....What is the bullet and bullet weight and weight of powder you are using with the 1.165 OAL with N320?

180 Zero JHP over 4.9

As always, use at your own risk. Not an endorsement and does not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the management, moderators, or sponsors of this forum. May cause unslightly rash, headaches, flatulence, weight gain, weight loss, blindness or nightime urination. If effects last over four hours, party on!

I just bought a CZ TS in .40. Can anyone give me a starting point for OAL?

I am going to be loading Precision 185 RNF bullets with Ramshot Competition powder.

Thanks in advance.

Shay - you are probably aware of this already so please forgive me for pointing this out, but your plan calls for a coated lead bullet - the "Precision 185 RNF bullets" - which act more like a LEAD bullet than a JHP. Lead bullets seal the bore better than jacketed bullets. Thus, you MUST use a lighter powder load to achieve the SAME pressure and velocity as someone using a jacketed bullet. In real terms, if you decide to use N320 (probably a good choice) you will need to back off the charge that Neomet is using. Moreover, your bullet is supposed to be 5 grns heavier than Neomet's and I usually find Zeros to be 2 to 5 grns under the advertized 180 gr weight. Stay safe & let us know how your load works out in the TS.

Regards,

C.

Thanks guys, Carlos...

Precision is 4 weeks behind, so I changed my order to the 180 Zeros. I plan to load all the way from 4.3 to 4.9 of Ramshot Competition and chrono them for sure.

I was looking for a starting point on the OAL, because the CZ's have a tight chamber. I ran into lots of problems with a short chamber in my SP01.

I just came back from the range, a friend of mine loaded some rounds for me. Gun fed flawlessly both the 1.17 and 1.13. I think I will start off with 1.16 like Carlos suggested and measure from there.

Thanks for your help as always.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update...

Chronoed some rounds this weekend, 180 ZERO FMJ, 1.16 OAL.

4.4 Ramshot Comp made major, but 4.5 is safer for me.

It did cause unslightly rash, headaches, flatulence, weight gain, weight loss, blindness or nightime urination:)