Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Left handed Guga Ribas Holster

redwoods

I understand that the lefty version of the Guga Ribas holster is a right handed model, just converted for lefties. Is the lever for locking the gun in the front or in the back? On the right handed version it is on the rear of the holster. Is this holster any less user friendly when converted to lefty?

Randy

I was told by the manufacturer that it's a right handed version turned around for left hand. That means that you can't "sweep" the lock off with your finger if you accidentally leave it in the locked position. Your options are pretty limited. It depends a great deal on what gun you're using.

Edited by kmca

I have one and yes you can unlock when sweeping the gun up......the reason why I don't use it much in open is because it put the lever on the inside (it outside for the R/H) and I put my gun quite forward for open....so when I squat I had the pleasure to drop the gun twice....my leg unlocking it by releasing the lock, if it was real left hand holster the lock would on the outside....I uses it for Standard only.

I run a R/H Guga Ribas holster in both Limited and Open, and it is awesome, but I do have a shooting buddy that runs one who is a lefty, and he has the continually knocking off the lock lever problem.

It is just a right handed model mounted on the left, and I am not sure it is too good in that configuration.

But even if the lock is inadvertantly knocked off if the retention dial had been turned up it would not have fallen so easy.

Turning the retention knob to increase tension would defeat the purpose of having a smooth draw :) if I'm going to have to turn the knob all the times I may as well buy a Safariland 012 oh wait I have one that I don't use.....being a left hand shooter and the only were I was shooting I got to buy a bunch to find the best L/H holster....and I end up with a ghost holster....in fact I like it so much that I bought one for the wife.....(R/H)

The Guga is the smoothest holster that I have and I still use it in Standard (IPSC) and work fine in that location....but for Open I like a more aggressive holster position. :P:cheers: