Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Pull

Theo Carter

Rumor had it (and we all know how rumors are..) some of the TOP dogs have trigger pulls in the 1 lb range and they only last a few matches. Is that true?

:blink:

I don't know about that, but I hear squeezing lemon juice on top of your slide before you shoot does wonders.

:surprise:

So your saying there is a possibility it may be true.... :rolleyes:

Or you can go the route of Sevigny. He uses a regular 5lb trigger for production. And I heard that seeklander? used a heavy trigger. FYI

While at area 3 this year, the guys from USSA had Seeklander's 6" pistol on display. I picked it up and the trigger wasn't a sub 2lb pull. I don't remember the exact weight, but I want to say it was around a 3-3.5lb pull for his limited gun. It was crisp and nice, but not extremely light.

FWIW...I've shot over the chrono at a few Major matches. I don't recall any "omg..that is a great 1lb trigger" moments.

What I did see was plenty of examples of crap...in many areas...on multi-thousand dollar guns. I don't know if it's macho, or pushing the envelope technically, gunsmith prided...whatever... I think people try to do too much. Any time you are pushing the envelope, stuff breaks more often. Since you are on the edge...everything has to be "more perfect".

The number one rule to a gunfight (for us, against paper and steel)...is to bring stuff that works.

Cheely posted that he likes a gun with a trigger pull greater than 2.5lbs. And, he comes from a PPC (accuracy) background.

That might bring up another point or two. A light trigger won't reset nice and quickly. And, it won't give as much feedback.

I'll take something good and solid everyday. Let somebody else push the envelope.